Beginning Aircraft Structures for Pilots
Learn the A to Z of modern Aircraft Structures and enhance your overall aviation knowledge, making you a better pilot.
What you’ll learn
- The effects of Aircraft Loads on a modern transport aircraft.
- The components and construction of the aircraft fuselage including pressurisation.
- The components and construction of the aircraft wing structure.
- A thirst for knowledge
Welcome to this course on ‘Aircraft Structures’.
Illustrated with comprehensive 3d graphics and professionally nitrated throughout, it contains the following three topics:
Aircraft Loads – In this topic you will learn the following subjects:
- Typical Loads on an Aircraft
- Elastic Properties
- Structural Safe-Life
- Fail-Safe Structures
- Damage Tolerant Structures.
Aircraft Fuselage – In this topic you will gain an understanding of the construction of a typical aircraft fuselage including:
- Monocoque Structures
- Semi-Monocoque Structures
- Effects of Pressurisation
- Flight-Deck Windows
- Passenger Cabin Windows
You will also receive a PDF file containing the full course for your convenience.
Who this course is for:
- Pilots and aspiring pilots and aviation enthusiasts