Control analysis with Python for grid-connected converters
Current control analysis and design using open source tools for power engineering applications.
What you’ll learn
- Basic grid computations such as frequency estimation
- Basic control theory
- Introduction to python-control package
- Transfer function representation for a system
- Closed loop systems, feedback paths and controllers
- Basic electrical engineering network laws
- Laplace transform and frequency response of systems
- Simulating circuits using Python Power Electronics
- Basic Python, Numpy and Matplotlib
In this course, you will learn how to use Python to represent a converter connected to a grid as a closed loop transfer function. Analytical results will be verified using simulations performed using Python. This course is primarily for power electronics engineers who have been struggling to implement controllers for their converter systems as most of the controls courses do not have any specific relevance to power electronics.. All software used in the course are free and open source and therefore students do not need to purchase any software licenses after enrolling for the course.
The course will describe theory using simple examples as far as possible in order to make the theory behind all analysis easily understandable.
Who this course is for:
- Undergraduate and graduate students of electrical and electronics engineering
- Technicians and hardware engineers in the power engineering domain