Data Manipulation With Dplyr in R
A straightforward tutorial in data wrangling with one of the most powerful R packages – dplyr.
What you’ll learn
- Filter data frames using various conditions
- Select and remove data frame columns (variables)
- Sort data frames by column values
- Create new variables from the existing ones
- Compute summary statistics for our data frame
- Basic R programming knowledge
Data manipulation is a vital data analysis skill – actually, it is the foundation of data analysis. This course is about the most effective data manipulation tool in R – dplyr!
As a data analyst, you will spend a vast amount of your time preparing or processing your data. The goal of data preparation is to convert your raw data into a high quality data source, suitable for analysis. More often than not, this process involves a lot of work. The dplyr package contains the tools that can make this work much easier.
dplyr has a few important advantages over other data data manipulation tools or functions:
- it’s much faster (25-30 times faster)
- its code is easier to write and understand
- it can use chaining to build sequences of commands, thus making the code even cleaner and faster to execute
For these reasons, dplyr quickly began the most popular data manipulation tool among R data scientists. When you finish this course, you will be able to
It is a short course, but it is focused on the most essential commands and functions of the dplyr package, those commands that you will likely use most often.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to become R analysts
- Students and statisticians who want to learn R
- People who want to learn the fundamentals of data manipulation using R