DjangoFlix – Build a Netflix-Like Service in Django & Python
Learn advanced Django concepts to build better & more resilient web applications.
What you’ll learn
- Django Proxy Models
- UnitTesting Models & Proxy Models
- Techniques for building the fundamentals of a Netflix-like service (except the actual video streaming)
- Implementing a 5-Star Rating in Django alone
- 30 Days of Python (or equivalent python experience)
- Try Django (or equivalent Django experience)
- You know how to implement classes, functions, variables, iterators, and more in Python
This is not a Netflix clone and not even close. Why? Netflix is a complex system of engineer that no one class could ever fully cover. If I told you that you could build a Netflix clone in less than 40 hours, I would be lying to you.
Instead, this is a foundation of what a Netflix-like service could be. This foundation only matters as it serves a roadmap to understanding Django on a whole new level.
Django is the most popular web framework in the world written in Python and for good reason: Django is incredibly simple and incredibly complex.
Models, Views, Forms, User Auth and Templates are fundament to Django. After completing one of my Try Django series, you’ll see that creating rich web applications is, well, pretty simple. Models map to database tables. Views essentially handle a url and render templates. Forms help validate data and templates are essentially HTML with a little programming built it.
If the paragraph above is unclear, this course is not for you.
Who this course is for:
- Django Developers looking for a deeper dive into Django Model Capabilities
- Beginner Django Developers needing to better understand Testing in a practical use case.