2D Game Artist: Design Pixel Art From Scratch Udemy Free Download
Make 2D Art for Video Games Using GIMP. Master GIMP’s interface & Create Greate 2D Art From Scratch
What you’ll learn
- Master GIMP’s powerful interface
- Convey meaning through shape and colour
- Use GIMPs fundamental drawing tools
- Work with layers for complex images
- Create gradients, drop shadows and reflections
- Organise and professionally export your work.
- Work to a specification like a pro
- Create pixel art assets for your games
- Create your own character
- Becoming a digital artist
- You need a Mac or PC capable of running GIMP (most are!)
- Optional: Wacom stylus or similar for later sections
- You can organise, move and rename files
GIMP is a super powerful, free, 2D art package. Most of the features of the much more expensive Photoshop are available, giving you the power to create industry strength 2D art.
The challenge with this package is it can be intimidating for beginners, especially those who don’t have much confidence in art or drawing. We make learning from scratch easy with our simple step-by-step process.
Even if you have no prior experience in drawing, or computer art, we’ll take you from the very basics. By investing in a structured course like this you’ll learn faster and more effectively than on your own, just check-out our latest reviews.
- We start by helping you master GIMP’s interface
- Moving on we add colour, contrast and more to bring your images alive
- In section 2 we increase our canvas to 32×2 and beyond
- By the end of the course you’ll be able to create great looking 2D icons.
Looking for 3D art, Blender, Unity or more? Check out our other courses, let the green leaf logo be your guide 🙂
Also included with the course…
- Use of our custom built texture sharing service
- Daily responses to your Q&A.
2D artwork is in demand, and now’s a great time to get into GIMP.
Who this course is for:
- You want to learn GIMP specifically
- You want to create 2D art from scratch