[Download] Introduction to Microsoft Project 2020 for Beginners
Download – Learn the essentials of Microsoft Project 2016 in easy to follow steps
What you’ll learn
- Practice what you learned with included exercise files
- Learn valuable new skills for complex projects at work
- Setting up tasks and tracing their paths
- Discover how to use subtasks, dependencies, deadlines, and resources
- Interim plans and baselines
- Learn how to use Project 2016 on a touch device
- How to measure a project against a baseline project
- Navigate through the Microsoft Project 2016 interface
- How to open, save and close project files
- Microsoft Project 2016 desktop version for Windows installed on your computer
During this introductory course on using Microsoft Project 2016, we’ll teach the basics of using Microsoft Project 2016.We’ll start with navigating the Project 2016 interface, including the Ribbon, Backstage View and the Quick Access Toolbar.
Discover concepts to help you understand how enter data into a Project plan, creating tasks and sub-tasks, and creating project dependencies.
Contents and Overview
This easy to understand course starts at the very beginning, specifically designed for those with little or no Microsoft Project experience. The first task is to find the software and install it on your computer.
Then we discover the new and improved features added to the 2016 version. There are new features that could be a big help in your job, your business, or in personal projects.
We start with essential first steps. You will learn to create a project plan, save it, then open it. We show you simple ways to use Microsoft’s powerful online and contextual help, so you are never left wondering when you have a question or encounter a challenge.
Along the way we keep in mind you will want to personalize Project to accomplish the things you want. We learn all about Ribbons and Toolbars that make Project extremely flexible.
Next we move on to entering and editing data in your project, adding tasks, linking tasks and project dependencies.
All along the way there are plenty of exercises and quizzes that help you fully understand all the concepts and solidify them in your memory.
This is the course you need to learn the most important ways to expertly use MS Project 2016. It assumes you are just beginning with Project and easily steps you through the process of being highly proficient with this widely used tool.
This course is for absolute beginners, thus is appropriate for those new to Project and who appreciate a methodical, patient and conversational pace.
** Updated July 2017: English close captions added
* Updated June 2017:
- Course transcripts now available.
- English course captions added
Who is the target audience?
- No previous knowledge of Project required. This course is created for absolute beginners.
- Anyone new to the project management role
- New project managers
- Anyone who wants to learn project management and Microsoft Project
- Users of earlier versions of Project looking to update their skills.