Gatsby JS & Firebase: HYBRID Gatsby realtime + static sites
Build Gatsby JS static sites with realtime firestore, cloud functions, storage, auth, Gatsby + React hooks & GraphQL!
What you’ll learn
- Increase your value as a React developer
- Learn Gatsby
- Set up Gatsby to generate pages from data stored in Firebase
- Implement a realtime chat / comments section using firestore
- Basic understand of React, git, terminal commands, and npm is required, everything else is covered!
Do you want to increase your value as a front-end / React JS / Gatsby developer?
Then this Gatsby JS & Firestore with React Hooks course is for you!
Level-up your React skillset by learning the Gatsby.js framework with Firebase – this is an awesome HYBRID stack, where we can generate static pages in Gatsby JS from data stored in firestore, but also allow dynamic and realtime functionality such as login / registration, and realtime chat & comments
No app is complete without an admin section, so we’ll be implementing an admin section in our Gatsby app that allows admins to create new authors and new books, as well as implementing a file upload feature using firebase cloud functions with firebase cloud storage.
Once we’ve finished our Gatsby app, we’ll take a look at how to deploy a live version of our Gatsby site using Netlify, and implement an auto-rebuild of our Gatsby site any time we add new books.
Speed past the competition with Gatsby!
Gatsby.js builds the fastest possible website. Instead of waiting to generate pages when requested, Gatsby pre-builds pages and lifts them into a global cloud of servers (we’ll be using Netlify for this) – ready to be delivered instantly to your users wherever they are.
Who this course is for:
- Web developers who want to increase their value as a React / front-end developer
- Web developers who want to learn how to use Firebase features such as firestore, cloud functions, and cloud storage