How to write technical IT requirements to get what you need Download
Learn what to write in your requirements document, how to structure it, in what format, what tools you can use.
What you’ll learn
- Learn to define functionalities
- How to gather specifications
- Learn how to write requirements to get them implemented the way you want
- Learn to define User Journeys
- Learn WHAT to write in the specifications document
- Learn to write CLEAR requirements
- Notepad / Notebook
*** UPDATE 2019: FULL REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT INCLUDED ***
Did you ever request something a (development) team and they delivered something else? OR
Did you have had a client who said (s)he wants something and then never wanted to accept the deliverable?
Did you ever had discussions about “obvious” things not being understood or not being delivered?
Did you ever waste your time in scrolling back through emails of things agreed but not implemented?
Did you ever had to pay for work to be redone because of poor quality? OR
Did you ever worked for free because your client change his/her mind?
Then this course is for you.
In this course I’ll show you how I create specifications for my projects EFFICIENTLY! I put together in 1 course my cumulated best practices of +100 projects managed in multiple industries around the world in almost 10 years of managing projects.
I’ll show you HOW to GATHER REQUIREMENTS. I’ll walk you step by step how to write specifications so that you spend your time wisely, the development team is clear of what is expected to be delivered!
Step by step this what we do:
- Define high level scope
- Define the list of functionalities
- Define the user journeys for EACH functionality
- Build structure to your requirements – learn to add for each functionality
- Write detailed description to each functionality
- Make a complete list of deliverables
- Write acceptance criteria
- What technical aspects you have to specify
- Legal requirements
- Peer review
Or, in short, you’ll master these 3 keywords:
- List of functionalities
- Acceptance criteria
See you in the class!
Who this course is for:
- Business Owners
- Project Managers
- Development teams