Learn How To Extract Web Data with Python and Beautiful Soup
Extract (scrape) data from websites.
What you’ll learn
- Setup Python Development Environment
- Install Beautiful Soup
- Build Data Extraction Script
- Prototype data extraction script
- Extract data
- Computer and internet access required
- Basic knowledge of HTML would be helpful but not mandatory
Python is a general-purpose programming language that is becoming ever more popular for data science. Companies worldwide are using Python to harvest insights from their data and gain a competitive edge.
In this course, Extracting Data from HTML with BeautifulSoup* you will gain the ability to build robust, maintainable web scraping solutions using the Beautiful Soup library in Python.
Beautiful Soup is a pure Python library for extracting structured data from a website. It allows you to parse data from HTML and XML files. It acts as a helper module and interacts with HTML in a similar and better way as to how you would interact with a web page using other available developer tool.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to web data extraction
- Beginner Data Analyst
- Beginners to Data Science