Mastering Multithreading Programming with Go (Golang)
Learn about Multithreading, Concurrency & Parallel programming with practical and fun examples in Google’s Go Lang
What you’ll learn
- Discover how to create responsive and high performance software.
- See how to use multithreading for modeling certain types of problems and simulations.
- Develop programs with Golang that are highly Concurrent and Parallel.
- Understand the advantages, limits and properties of Parallel computing.
- Some experience of programming in Go (enough if you know how to use functions, loops, arrays and a bit of pointers).
- Recent version of Go installed.
- Being able to do 50 push-ups while shouting a unique prime number on each rep (just kidding).
The mood in the meeting on the 12th floor of an international investment bank was as bleak as it gets. The developers of the firm met to discuss the best way forward after a critical core application failed and caused a system wide outage.
“Guys, we have a serious issue here. I found out that the outage was caused by a race condition in our code, introduced a while ago and triggered last night.” says Mark Adams, senior developer.
The room goes silent. The cars outside the floor to ceiling windows slowly and silently creep along in the heavy city traffic. The senior developers immediately understand the severity of the situation, realizing that they will now be working around the clock to fix the issue and sort out the mess in the datastore.
Everyone shakes their heads and goes back to their desk leaving Brian in the room alone, puzzled. He takes out his phone and googles “race condition”.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to take their career to the next level by improving their skills and learning about concurrent multithreading programming.
- College students currently learning about parallel computing who want to see how concepts learned in class relate to practice.