Modern PHP Web Development w/ MySQL, GitHub & Heroku
Learn to develop data driven web applications using PHP and MySQL, manage them with GitHub and deploy to Heroku.
What you’ll learn
- Basic PHP Syntax
- Understand the role of PHP in Web Based Programming Applications.
- Build Data Driven and Dynamic Web Applications
- A computer
- An Internet Connection
- An email address
This course is designed to equip students with the skills required for creating dynamic web pages using PHP and MySQL. It further equips students with the fundamentals of PHP programming, while providing them with advanced features of the language. Immerse yourself in an end-to-end full-stack development experience, as we explore user interface design, business logic and hosting activities.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build an attractive PHP application; styled using Bootstrap 4; track and manage changes with GitHub and deploy a fully data-driven application to Heroku Cloud Hosting.
Why Learn Development with PHP
PHP was designed to make web development easier, and many beginners find it effortless to pick up and get started with. In fact, PHP code was so easy to pick up, many non-programmers end up being able to write PHP application in no time!
The top 5 reasons to learn PHP are:
- Beginner Friendliness
- Designed to Scale
- Active Support Community
- Career Opportunities
This course is practical and will equip you with all you need to build a fully functional web application, add it to source control using GitHub and finally, host it on Heroku.
Languages and Technologies Used:
- PHP (HyperText Pre-Processor) – Server-Side Programming Language that allows us to build dynamic and data driven applications
- HTML and CSS – Standard Web Languages used to design web pages
- Visual Studio Code (With extensions) – Development tool or IDE to help us write code faster.
- XAMPP Server – To facilitate Apache and MySQL Servers
- PhpMyAdmin – MySQL Management Tool built into XAMPP Server
- GitHub – For Source Control and collaboration
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers who know HTML and CSS
- Web Developers without PHP Experience