Programming Network Applications in Java
TCP and UDP sockets in Java
What you’ll learn
- Programming basic network applications
- Programming client-server applications
- TCP Sockets in Java
- UDP Sockets in Java
- Running multiple clients at the same time (multithreading)
- JDK (Java Development Kit) – you’ll learn how to install it in the first lesson
- Eclipse (code is same for other IDEs) – you’ll learn how to install it in the first lesson
- Basic Java knowledge would be nice, but not necessary
If you have a great idea for an app that needs to communicate through a network, or you’re just beginning to learn Java, or you’re a network engineer looking to implement one of many network protocols, you’ve come to the right place!
In this course, you’ll get the tools to build both client-server and peer-to-peer applications. We’ll cover both the use of TCP and UDP sockets, and I’ll leave it to you to choose which one suits your application better. There are some bonus examples that you can use to practice, and you’re more than welcome to post your questions, ideas or struggles in the Q&A section.
All of the code is thoroughly explained, so you don’t need much prior Java knowledge, but basic understanding of programming in general is a plus.
Who this course is for:
- Network engineers
- Java beginners